Monday, April 20, 2009

Lipton's Caribbean infusion: good things come from corporations too!

Call it a commercial concoction, I don't care! This Caribbean infusion is made by Lipton and, as it goes, I have never seen it on sale outside France. It has a corruptingly sweet, tropical smell yet there is not a wee dram o' sugar in it.

They brand it as "hibiscus and papaya flavoured" but it also contains orange blossoms, lemon grass, orange rind, licorice and rose petals. Quite a mix, innit?

If I have any left over (hardly ever, truth be told), I add liquid cane sugar and cool it in the fridge. Served with ice on a hot day, it is superbly delectable.

7 comments:

  1. That flavor combo sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think it would be a big hit in the Middle East if they tried to market it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its really nice , i ve tasted it and found it not only in France but Poland also .
    Cant understand why i cant get it here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bought this also in Hungary and Russia, basically anywhere there are Auchan stores. In Holland there's only a limited supply. I guess it's down to their marketing department's decisions, what they consider would be profitable enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tea is the best I have ever tasted. I came across this website when searching for it on Google. I tasted it in Poland, where I was living from September 2009 till February 2010. In Portugal, where I'm from, there's none. I returned to Poland last week, looked everywhere, and came to the conclusion that that tea is off the market there now! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. the best part of this, all we win, the company win money if we consume the product, and the product is so good that you win a excellent prize, all we wins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tea is mega-delicious! I aldready drank it!
    I live in Belgium and I hope I can buy it soon here!!

    ReplyDelete