Sunday, May 25, 2014
On the sunny Dalmatian coast of Croatia is where the Roman emperor Diocletian famously retired to grow cabbages. Inside and around his former palace sprawls Split's fresh market...
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
ietnamese cuisine is pure poetry in the pot. Their soups alone are celebrations of agriculture, flavours and wholesomeness. Don't believe me? Try this recipe: beef and lemon grass soup (Canh Thịt Bò Xáo Sả).
- Finely slice some lean organic outdoor-bred beef and marinate in fish sauce, brown cane sugar and black pepper.
- Sweat some chopped shallots in vegetable oil.
- Add some pressed garlic, one crushed and chopped stalk of lemon grass and the meat. Gently sautee until the meat is cooked.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add some bean sprouts (and some noodle, if so desired). Simmer until ready to eat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped green coriander.